Here is a great dementia resource for caregivers and healthcare professionals,
Follow alzheimersideas on twitter
The Dementia Caregiver's Little Book of Hope [Kindle Edition]
Your residents will love the Amazon Kindle Fire
Here is information on being the best caregiver you can be
Here is a way for nurses administrators, social workers and other health care professionals to get an easyceu or two
Mediterranean Diet Wiki
Dementia-fighting folate abounds in this butternut-squash Mediterranean-Diet dish. Spiced with neuroprotective curry and soaked in stroke-preventing green tea, it packs a triple-punch of brain benefits. (Includes references to studies.)
- Boil 3 cups of water with green tea bags.
- Turn off heat and let tea bags steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags.
- Meanwhile, toast barley in a dry sauté pan or deep skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add squash, 1 cup of the tea, curry and salt.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes until tea is absorbed.
- Stir frequently.
- Add additional tea by cupfuls, simmering until tea is absorbed before adding additional liquid. This should take 12 to 14 minutes.
- When barley and squash are tender and all tea has been incorporated, remove from heat.
- Stir in goat cheese until melted and creamy.
- Serve and top with almonds.