Sunday, June 14, 2009

Know it alz

KnowItAlz

Kathy NC is writing a blog which shows the lighter side of caring for someone with dementia.

Here is an example

Sweet Memories
Sunday, 14 June 2009
Yesterday, Dad and I met our good friends at a neat little festival for a town nearby which was celebrating its 250th Anniversary.

There were crafts, music, art, food and all of the fun involved with a little town having a big celebration.

Dad kept asking me all morning where we were going. Each time I explained that Bethania was 250 years old and they were having a festival with all of the fun activities I just mentioned.

I even reminded him several times that my cousin David and his band would be playing bluegrass music, hoping that might stick.

After the ninth or tenth time he asked me where we were going, I simply replied, "To get some ice cream."

Now that stuck
more KnowIiAlz

Here is a great resource dementia for caregivers and healthcare professinals,

Here is information on being the best caregiver you can be

Here are more interesting dementia articles and activities,

No comments:

Blog Flux Directory
alzheimersideas - whereIstand.com

Fitness is important in dementia prevention. Click below for more info