Thursday, March 22, 2012

WOMENS BOXING

Guest post of the week by Brittany Booker

I recently upgraded our television package by logging onto http://www.giveadish.com/. I added a television in our bedroom. I was surprised when I was watching the news getting ready the other day and I saw a news special on one of my students that I teach. It was a story highlighting her and a sport that she participates in that is a traditional male sport. She is involved in female boxing, which is making its debut at the summer Olympics this year in 2012. It was an ad that said they were going to air the full story in the evening. I made sure that I watched it and was really impressed with my student. She had been into boxing for the last five years. She was also involved in rallying to have women’s boxing become an Olympic sport. Of course, she wasn’t trying to make it to the Olympics, but loves the sport and encourages other young women to participate in it. What I didn’t know is that women who are female boxers still wear skirts in the ring!

No comments:

Blog Flux Directory
alzheimersideas - whereIstand.com

Fitness is important in dementia prevention. Click below for more info